Community Involvement by Mowery Capital
Mowery Capital believes in corporate donations and giving back. Mr. Mowery’s current professional and civic involvement includes serving as:
- A governing board member of CASA of Collin County. CASA stands for Court Appointed Special Advocate for children. These are children who have been removed from a dangerous home environment by CPS and the court appoints individuals to be an advocate in the best interest for the child.
- A board member of the Professional Development Institute of the University of North Texas (PDI). PDI is a not-for-profit educational foundation established for the benefit of the University of North Texas in Denton, Texas.
- An active member of CERT (Chief Executive Round Table). CERT is dedicated to the enhancement of executive performance through a program of professional education and the nurturing of personal friendships. Membership in CERT is restricted to senior executive officers (normally CEO, COO) of Metroplex-based companies, or the regional division head of corporations located in another area. Membership is by invitation only and each candidate is sponsored by a current member.
- The Director Emeritus, Collin County Student Aviation Initiative. This is an educational 501C3 founded and established by Mr. Mowery to promote math, science, and technology through aviation in the public high schools of McKinney, Texas. It has been lauded as one of the most successful math, science and technology programs in the state of Texas.
- A member of Stonebriar Country Club.
Mr. Mowery’s past involvement includes:
- Board member of the McKinney Airport Development Corporation, Chairman of the Marketing committee.
- Leadership Council Texas Health, Research & Education Institute.
- Board member of Renewal Radio with Dr. Gene Getz.
- Board member of Military Ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ.
- Boys and Girls Club of Richardson Texas.
Mr. Mowery attends Stonebriar Community Church in Frisco Texas with his wife Christi.